KI 2019 Workshop: Critical Examination of Military AI Applications
September 24 @ 09:00 - 12:30
AI can be used in armed forces for many areas and is presented as
central for the winning of future wars. Particularly problematic would
be the use for selection and attack of targets n autonomous weapon
systems and for warfare in cyberspace. However, only the selection of
targets based on automatic evaluation of (meta)data can be problematic.
With short contributions and group discussion we want to treat questions
- Arms race in military applicationc – real, in planning and in rhetoric,
- (Un)reliability of target recognition,
- Acceleration of combat events, possibilities and problems of human control,
- Commonalities with and differences from civil AI applications,
- Use of AI for disarmament and verification?
- Activities of people working in AI and their effects.
You will find further information, such as the detailed program on the website. The Workshop is part of the KI 2019 Conference in Kassel between the 23-26th September 2019 for which you can register here.